OneDrive - First use 5
0 Sign in/out
1 First setup 2 Reorganise OneDrive storage
3 Uploading files and folders
4 Viewing files and folders
5 Sharing files and folders 6 Sharing (Full rights) 7 Sharing (View only) 8 Download and use 9 Download structure
Sharing files and folders
Files and folders in OneDrive can be shared in number of
The easiest way follows these steps:
1. Choose file/folder. Hover on a file/folder and a selection circle can be checked.
2. Right-click on any selected item and choose Share.
3. Choose "Get a link"
4. Copy the highlighted link into the clipboard (Ctrl-C). (If the highlight disappears, drag over the link and do not exclude the part hidden from view)
5. If you wish to restrict editing, then click the arrow next to Anyone with this link can edit this item .
6. Uncheck Allow editing, then copy the highlighted link into the clipboard (Ctrl-C). (If the highlight disappears, drag over the link and do not exclude the part hidden from view)
7. Paste the link into (a) a message to be sent to the person with whom you are sharing (b) a memo to remind yourself how others can access this file/folder.
Here is an example of such a link:
To access the folder being shared, simply copy the link into a browser's address bar and hit Go.